History of the Club
Long before the Maitland Golf Club graced the river flats, this property was significant to the area.
The first golf season at the Maitland was in 1921. In 1921 the clubhouse was completed and was in the process of being furnished, with furnishings donated by the members. The clubhouse itself was an old railway station purchased and moved to the Maitland for the start of the 1921 season. During this season the club organized regular golf competitions, attracting an unusually large number of players to the links and a keen spirit of friendly rivalry developed to excel in the game.
These days, golfers are out in full force on a daily basis. By the time June arrives, a score can be seen on the course nearly any day of the week. Under new ownership and management, the clubhouse and facilities are undergoing continual renovations and improvements. The restaurant is open regularly for lunch and dinner, inviting members, visitors and the public to take in our spectacular views while enjoying delicious food. We are licensed by the AGCO, and beverages are available in the Pro Shop as well as at the bar.